The North Mids Maths Hub are offering free/ funded secondary maths opportunities for the academic year 2020/21. See their range of offers below.
Secondary Mastery Development
Secondary Mastery Specialists in each hub area will be offering support to schools interested in developing teaching for mastery approaches in their mathematics departments.
Benefits for participating schools:
- An opportunity for your school to engage in high-quality, sustained, collaborative professional development and participate in an important national project. The aim of these groups is to support participating teachers in developing teaching for mastery in their own classroom and across their department and to support the setting up of Teacher Research Groups (TRGs) in the participant schools.
- There is no fee or charge to participating schools, the Maths Hub meets the cost of running the Work Group.
- Each department will receive £2000 to enable their staff to work with the Secondary Mastery Specialist and thus enable them to work within their own department.
Follow this link to apply.
Mastery Specialist Role Application
Maths Hubs, working in conjunction with the NCETM, are now seeking applications from secondary schools that wish to nominate ‘lead teachers’ to take part in an important three-year professional development programme leading to the designation of Secondary Mastery Specialist.
The benefits include:
- The teachers develop a deep understanding of the principles and teaching practices
- Participants develop teaching, planning and assessment practices which support a teaching for mastery approach
- The lead teacher developing his/her own understanding and practice in supporting collaborative professional development within and beyond school. (Opportunity to become a NCETM Accredited PD Leads)
- The department developing a clear set of principles, policies, practices and systems which support a mastery curriculum and a teaching for mastery approach
- The department making effective use of materials and resources, including textbooks, to support the design of well-crafted lessons to support teaching for mastery
- Students developing a deep understanding of the mathematical ideas they are taught so that they fully meet the aims of the National Curriculum
Follow this link to apply.
Level 3 Provision
The West Midlands Maths Hubs in conjunction with the AMSP are starting to look at our joint professional development for 2020/21.
It would be appreciated if you were able to spare a few minutes to help us understand how we can best support you in your role in school.
Follow this link to express interest.