- PORT VALE FOUNDATION: SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL MENTORING PROJECT NOW IN SECOND YEAR
- Half-time reflections at the scfc community trust
- A Case Study – St Thomas More Catholic Academy
- Sharing Learning: Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form & Stoke College’s Emotional Wellbeing Service features in DfE Insight Guide
- National award for Stoke mental health project
- A Fifth Year Of Dfe Funding For Stoke-On-Trent Opportunity Area
The 12 Opportunity Areas (OA’s) are social mobility cold spots where the Department for Education (DfE) is prioritising resources, and bringing local and national partners together, to break the link between a child’s family background and where they get to in life. The core objective is to improve outcomes for children and young people from early education through to employment.
The Stoke-on-Trent Opportunity Area was launched by the government in 2017 to raise education standards, providing every child and young person in the area with the chance to reach their full potential. The programme is now in its fifth year.
The programme is focused on improving:
- Early years education
- English, maths and science outcomes
- Pupil engagement
- The choices young people make from 16
Please find official Government guidance on education and childcare through COVID-19 here.
Find access to a list of online resources we have collated for schools, parents and pupils here.