- Message to cornerstone employers from CEC
- Primary Maths Hub Conference
- Celebrating Teacher Educators – conference on April 23rd 2020
- Exploring the Wider World Project Celebration Event
- North Mids Maths Hub Newsletter
The 12 opportunity areas (OAs) are social mobility cold spots where the Department for Education (DfE) is prioritising resources, and bringing local and national partners together, to break the link between a child’s family background and where they get to in life. The core objective is to improve outcomes for children and young people from early education through to employment.
The Stoke-on-Trent Opportunity Area was launched by the government in 2017 to raise education standards, providing every child and young person in the area with the chance to reach their full potential.
The programme is focused on improving:
- early years education
- English, maths and science outcomes
- pupil engagement
- the choices young people make from 16
Our Research School partner is The Stoke-on-Trent Research School by The Keele and North Staffordshire Alliance.